- We discuss your project in depth to see what kind of feel/sound you want on your track, what format you need the finished product in, and your budget
- You send me your tracks with it’s BPM, and any separate guide drums if you have them
- I’ll record the drums and send them back to you for approval within 48 hours
My name is Emily Dolan Davies and I’ve had 18 years of professional drumming experience (and counting) and have recorded and toured with world renowned artists and bands such as The Darkness, Bryan Ferry, Tricky, Thompson Twins’ Tom Bailey, Cher Lloyd, Emilia Mitiku, and many many more.
I have a wealth of knowledge in many different styles including Pop, Rock, Blues, Country, Soul, RnB and Trip Hop. I’m a lover of playing and recording songs, and that’s the reason I built studio to do online remote drum tracks for anyone around the world.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch!
Let’s make it as easy as possible.
1.Upload your track now, with separate guide drums (if you have them) and please include in the description:
- The song’s BPM
- Any references of a type of beat you’d like to hear (YouTube links are good)
- Any references of drum sound (again YouTube links are ideal)
- Your preferred file format – i.e individual stems (24bit WAV), grouped stems (24bit WAV), stereo mix down (24bit WAV) etc.
- Any other song notes
2. You will receive an email within 24 hours of a quote for the work you are asking for.
3. Once the price has been agreed by you, your track will be recorded and sent to you in mp3 format for approval (within 24 hours, unless advised differently), and consequently payment.
4. Upon payment you will be sent a Dropbox link to download your files.
As a producer/bassist I’ve been lucky enough to have Emily record on a project a couple of years back. The session went like clockwork, great parts, sounds and wicked feel. Look forward to checking out this new venture!!
Emily added the drums to my latest song with such sensitivity. Delicately played so as not to overpower. She plays with so much heart and sophistication. I would trust her wonderful taste and eclectic knowledge to work on every track of mine!
(Bryan Ferry, Independent Artist)
I have an array of different drums and percussion, collected over the years, which means I can create whatever drum sound you want and need. Fo those who want a more in-depth list…
Yamaha 9000 (1987), 22×16, 10×7, 12×9, 14×14
Yamaha 9000 (1978) 24×14, 13×9, 14×10, 16×16
Hayman (1969) 22×14, 12×8, 13×9, 16×16
Hayman (1972) 20×16, 12×8, 14×14
Yamaha Stage Custom (2000) 20×18, 10×7, 12×9, 14×14
14×5.5 Ludwig 400 (1980s)
14×5.5 Slingerland Aluminium (1960s)
14×6.5 Yamaha Brass
14×5.5 Yamaha Copper
14×6.5 Yamaha Aluminium
14×6.5 Ludwig Black Beauty (1970s)
14×5.5 Ludwig Black Beauty (1980s)
14×5.5 Ludwig Acrolite (1980s)
14×6.5 Ludwig 402 (1970s)
13×8 Spaun wooden snare
14×7 Provenance ‘Ark Royal’ wooden snare
22″ Zildjian Armand Ride
22″ Zildjian Constantinople High Thin Ride
19″ Zildjian A Custom Crash
18″ Zildjian A Custom Crash
18″ Zildjian K Custom Dark Crash
17″ Zildjian K Custom Medium Crash
16″ Zildjian A Custom Crash
15″ Zildjian K Lite Hats
14″ Zildjian Avedis Hats
14 ” Zyn Hats
Other Miscellaneous Stuff that makes a sound!
Apogee Ensemble Preamps – 4 Channels
Focusrite ISA428 Preamps – 4 Channels
Zoom TAC-8 Interface – 8 Channels
iMac (2016) running Logic Pro X
x2 SE Electronics XR1 Ribbon
x2 SE Electronics X1D Condenser
x2 SE Electronics Magneto Condenser
Shure Beta 52
x2 Audix D2
x2 Audix ADX51
Solomon Sub Kick
How long will it take for you to record a drum track?
Depending on the complexity of the track, and what you want i.e separate stems, grouped stems with fx, stereo mix down etc, the general turnaround time for a track is 2 days, unless otherwise stated in initial contact.
How much does it cost?
All situations are different, so probably best to get in touch and we can talk about your options/budget etc.
Why should I work with you?
I’m a lover of songs and really getting into what someone is trying to convey… also I’m a perfectionist! A fantastic combination for getting a great drum track! I know I have the experience, knowledge and feel to elevate your track.
Why are you offering this service?
As you can see if you’ve read above, I just love playing the drums! Through my studio, I’m able to play with more people from across the globe, and continue collaborating and growing when I’m not touring.